WARRANTY (version 1.1)
Australian (Melbourne) Custom Made Blinds are covered by a 1, 2, 5, 10 Year or Limited Lifetime Warranty (depending on the product).
International Custom Made Blinds are covered by a 36 Months Limited Factory Warranty.
Express Roller Blinds are covered by a 24 Months Factory Warranty.
This warranty is given to you as the original purchaser for as long as you own the blinds in a residential application and have all the original documentation to present us with if the claim arises and you need to lodge a claim. THIS WARRANTY IS NON-TRANSFERABLE.
In the event where Oz Blinds custom-made blind is found to be defective in materials or workmanship, we will, at our discretion, repair, or replace the blind which fails to comply with this warranty. Warranty claims must be accompanied by the original sales receipt as well as details regarding the nature of the problem, location of the blind, etc. In the event there are multiple blinds in the same room, only the defective blind will be replaced. No person is authorized to increase or alter this warranty. This warranty statement supersedes any previous versions.
This warranty will not cover issues that are results of abuse or misuse, improper installation, normal wear and tear and exposure to the elements. Plastics that crack, as the result of being exposed to the sun for long periods of time, materials that lose their original intensity after being exposed to the sun for long periods of time, cords, chains or mechanisms that eventually wear out or crack are considered to be normal wear and tear and as such are not covered by the Oz Blinds Factory Warranty.
If your blinds are defective during the warranty period, 1, 2, 5 Year or Limited Lifetime Warranty Factory Warranty period for Australian (Melbourne) Made Blinds, 24 Months Factory Warranty period for Express Blinds or 36 Months Factory Warranty period for International Made Blinds, we will repair or replace the defective product at no cost to you, subject to delivery and redelivery charges.
All custom-made products are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty includes all materials, mechanisms and components which make up the blind or shade.
AUSTRALIAN MADE BLINDS WARRANTY (EXCLUDING EXPRESS BLINDS)
Limited Lifetime Warranty Explained (this warranty is non-transferable)
Limited Lifetime Warranty is a factory warranty given to you as the original purchaser for as long as you own the product at the address that you have originally purchased the product for.
Limited Lifetime Warranty covers you for the following:
- Fabric Manufacturer's Warranty (Please see below for details)
- Componentry Lifetime Warranty* - covering SUNBOSS brackets, SUNBOSS chain drive (excluding the chain), HUNTER DOUGLAS ELLIPSE ULTRA bottom rail and aluminium tube.
*Under the Componentry Lifetime Warranty, factory will replace any faulty part (chain drive, brackets, bottom rail and aluminium tube) for as long as you, the original purchaser, own the blinds and the blinds are installed at the property that you have originally purchased the blinds for.
Fabric Manufacturer's Warranty:
- Vibe - 5 Years
- Dawn - 10 Years
- Mini Dawn - 10 Years
- Concord - 5 Years (Jun 2020 onwards)
- Boston - 5 Years (Jun 2020 onwards)
- Broome II - 12 Months
- Matrix - 12 Months
- Le Reve - 5 Years (Jan 2020 onwards)
- Mantra - 5 Years (Jan 2020 onwards)
- Screen - 5 Years (Jan 2020 onwards)
- Uniview - 10 Years
- M Screen - 10 Years
INTERNATIONAL MADE BLINDS WARRANTY (this warranty is non-transferable)
CUSTOM MADE BLINDS - MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
The product is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 36 months (3 years).
Any hardware used on the product (such as mechanisms, screws, headrails, cords, chains, motorised devices) is warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for a period of 36 months (3 years). Any stainless steel hardware is warranted to be free of manufacturing defects and moisture-related defects (rusting, oxidising etc.) for a period of 36 months (3 years).
Any paint/stain/lacquer used on the product is warranted to be free of defects, including cracking, peeling and hazing for a period of 24 months (2 years). The timber under a stained or clear lacquer finish is subject to change of colour, from influences beyond human control. This change in colour is expected, and cannot normally be claimed as a defect under warranty.
NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
NOTE: Some Light Filter Fabrics fray regardless of the way in which they are cut. We do not guarantee light filter fabric against fraying.
The Warranty will not apply to the blinds that have:
- Been the subject of Incidental or Consequential Damages
- Been the subject of Misuse or Abuse
- Been the subject of Normal Wear and Tear
- Been the subject of Overexposure to the Sun, Moisture and Exposure to Salt Air
- Been the subject of Extraordinary Use, Improper Operation, Improper Handling or Alterations
- Been Incorrectly Installed
- Been the subject of Improper Maintenance and Care that was recommended by the Oz Blinds.
- Been the subject of Pet or Insect Damage
- Damage caused by moisture, other than is found in normal atmospheric conditions where the product is stated as having water-resistant features, this point will not apply, subject to the conditions set out in product specifications and/or manuals.
- Wavering, cupping, ‘V’ing or billowing in fabric, which is expected in all fabrics in varying degrees, depending on the individual properties of each particular fabric.
Also NOT covered by The Warranty:
Any product that with the passage of time has:
- Loss of colour intensity
- Loss of pleating (if product is not held in raised position a portion of the time)
- Yellowing and/or cracking of plastic parts and/or foam wood product
- Experienced warping of wood slats in high-humidity areas
- As well as any Natural Wood products that have variations in colour, grain or texture.
Warranty Claim Processing
To activate this warranty, the purchaser must contact Oz Blinds to organise the return of the product. Any unauthorized returns may not or will not be accepted. Once we receive your damaged blind, Oz Blinds will inspect the blind to check for all warranty claims. If the blind is damaged by the reasons not covered by the warranty, the purchaser will be required to cover the costs of transport and blind repair. Oz Blinds will not be, in any event, held responsible for the labour cost of measuring, removal and reinstallation of blinds as well as the cost of transport of blinds to and from Oz Blinds warehouse, unless you have previously reached a written agreement with Oz Blinds to cover the cost of this.
Replacements and Repairs Under Warranty
Discontinued items or colour selections will be replaced with the closest equivalent current product. Colours vary from lot to lot and may not exactly match previous purchases. On current products, we will make every effort to match the current style and colour. In the event that warrantied product is not repairable, and cannot be replaced with the original style and colour because the product is discontinued, etc.., it will be replaced with the closest available product.
OZ BLINDS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.